Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Studio Visit (13): Brendan Cass

Brendan Cass is a painter. He’s one of those painters my mother would say about “Da’kanik ook, zenne!” (“Ooooh, I could do that!”). And I would say: “Well, why don’t you then? He’s probably making oodles of money with this!” and she would chuckle and walk away…

Of course, she does have a point. When you watch the video, it sometimes seems the artist is just messing around a bit. Pouring some purple on a canvas, here…. Applying a few tiny red dots, there…Lalala…

But on the other hand, I know full well that it’s just too easy to say it’s all a fraud.

I guess I haven’t made my mind up yet. My ideas are still rubbery…

I do like seeing someone like this in his studio and listening to what he has to say.

So let’s do that…

 

(Found via Beautiful/Decay)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...