Sunday, August 15, 2010

Marcel Duchamp documentary

I have some kind of love/hate relationship with Marcel Duchamp. At times I have thought he was solely responsible for the emergence of all those way-too-clever artists with their incomprehensible theories which are supposed to validate their boring “conceptual” (spitting out the word) pieces and their “irony” (spitting again), ooooh, “irony” (almost choking now), don’t get me started on that so called …. uuurgh!

(Yes, I realize the above sentence was not exactly the most eloquent phrasing of my sentiments towards Duchamp and contemporary art. I really should learn to constrain these outburst, shouldn’t I?)

Anyway…

On the other hand Duchamp is a brilliant artist, of course. He’s fun and a joy to behold. In this documentary we hear him talk about his own work, in his own words…

Enjoy.

 

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...