Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Igniting Imagination

 

Magical Snap - 2011.08.09 15.13 - 002

 

“Igniting Imagination” is a four part series of short documentaries about individuals who are “counterclockwise to society”. A painter, a printmaker, a dancer and an industrial designer.

I wanted to show you the industrial designer. I liked him. He seemed to me at the same time very passionate about what he was doing, yet also very down to earth and matter-of-factly.

In the beginning of the video he says: “I feel I have a terrible imagination. Sometimes, when somebody asks me: ”When you close your eyes, what do you see?”, I just go…: ” Nothing…”

His work didn’t seem to come from “somewhere deep inside of him”, yet was a result from the process of creating something.

For some reason, I tend to like that. It’s an interesting point of view, another way to look at “being creative” which goes against what I (and perhaps most people) have been told creativity is all about. I’m not saying this is necessarily a better way. It’s just a different way. Worth exploring.

 

 

Find the other three short docu’s here if you’re interested or go here for more information on the maker of the films.

Another, longer documentary, which also touches on the importance of process in creativity, can be found here in an earlier post on Monsieur Bandit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...