Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Frame of Mind

 

Often when you get artists talking about their work, the results are unbearable. They start going “blahblahblah”. I have very, very little patience for artistic blahblahblah.

Now, please, don’t get me wrong. I do know it actually is difficult to talk about art in an honest and precise manner. And when you try, more often than not, you fail and you start rambling. I don’t mind that at all. I have a huge amount of patience for honest rambling.

In this short documentary, three artists from Baltimore get to talk about the process of their work. Two of them are painters, one is a sculptor. Yes, they do ramble. They stumble and fall. But they try.

This is a nice little docu. I wouldn’t mind seeing more like these.

 

 

Edit: seeing the video again after just having posted it, I’m struck by the awesome photography work in it. You could isolate numerous stills and just admire them for their almost painterly sense of composition. Man, why didn’t I notice that the first time? Nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...